In this article, I am going to introduce you to some natural remedies for thinning hair which you can easily apply in order to make your hair fuller and thicker.
Unfortunately, I have some bad news: As you grow older, your hair will noticeably become thinner. This happens because your hair spends more time in the last cycle, which makes your hair shedding faster than growing back.
But I have some good news as well: There are plenty of things you can do to grow your hair back! Just keep reading.
Relax And Take A Deep Breath
One of the main causes of hair loss is Stress. Stress can trigger telogen effluvium due to a disruption of the natural growth and rest cycle of your hair. You can try these natural stress relievers:
- Daily exercise
- Spending time in nature
- Keeping a journal
Stress is a reaction of your body to changes that acquire an adjustment or response.
Lack of sleep, personal problems with your partner, financial problems, dieting, exams etc. can send signals to the body that it’s under too much stress. In fact, any reason that causes you to worry, overthink or panic can cause stress.
Everytime you are stressed, your body releases cortisol/adrenaline, which is the principle hormone tied to our innate “flight or fight” response. Your body makes you choose between running away from the situation or staying and fighting your way through.
If you feel stressed about an event, just make sure to reduce your stress level in any possible way.
Balance Is The Key
Hormones affect your mental, physical, emotional health and, of course, your hair. They play a major role when it comes to controlling your weight, your mood and your appetite among many other things.
However, with today’s fast-paced modern lifestyle, hormonal imbalances have become increasingly common.
If you make sure to lead a healthy lifestyle, you can improve your hormonal health. You can easily apply the following guidelines:
- engage in regular exercise
- consume enough protein
- learn to manage stress
- avoid sugar and refined carbs
- avoid unhealthy dieting (overeating and undereating)
- consume healthy fats
- eat fatty fish
- drink green tea
- increase the quality of your sleeping habits
- avoid drinking sugar beverages
- eat eggs
- consume a high fiber diet
Balancing your hormones can not only help with eliminating causes of thinning hair but also improve your quality of you.
Are You On Meds?
There are certain medications that have been linked to hair loss. The following medications can contribute to hair thinning:
- Acne medications
- Antifungal medications
- Blood thinners
- Chemotherapy medications
- Cholesterol-lowering medications
- Epilepsy medications
- High blood pressure medications
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Mood stabilizers
- Oral contraceptives
- Parkinson’s Disease medications
- Thyroid medications
Make sure you know the possible side effects of your medications and supplements.
I Got Love In My Tummy
The health of your hair is strongly linked to the food you consume. Here is a list of good foods you can make use of as a natural treatment of your thinning hair:
- Avocado gives you Vitamin E
- Eggs provide protein
- Carrots contain Vitamin A
- Citrus fruits to get your daily dose of Vitamin C
- Nuts and Seeds provide Omega-3 fatty acids
- Spinach and other dark leafy greens provide iron
- Whole grains are rich in biotin
Here are bad foods you have to stay away from to discourage thinning hair:
- Potential food allergens
- Processed foods
- Trans fatty acids
Give Me Shivers
In terms of your hair, cool showers are proven to flatten the ruffled cuticles and lock in to prevent breakage. Cool showers can make your hair look shinier, stronger and healthier.
Furthermore, it allows toxins, grime and waste to easily wash away from the scalp. Hot water dehydrates your hair and, as a result, makes it weaker and more prone to thinning.
Additionally, when blow-drying your hair, you can change your blow-dryer to the cool setting and blow down on your hair, as the heat of the blow-dryer can cause hair damage as well.
These are some essential oils that can help to enhance your hair thickness and growth:
- Peppermint oil and sage essential oil promote hair growth.
- Rosemary oil is known to be one of the top essential oils. and increases the cellular metabolism which stimulates hair growth.
- Spikenard oil is well-known for promoting hair growth as well as slowing down the graying process of the hair.
- Lavender oil is known for possessing hair-growth promoting effects. Some other benefits are its ability to soothe the scalp and heal dry skin and hair.
- Chamomile oil is a great essential oil. It adds softness and shine to your hair while soothing your scalp.
- Cedarwood essential oil helps to stimulate the hair follicles by increasing the circulation to the scalp. It can slow down the process of hair loss and can be used to treat thinning hair and many types of alopecia.
- Clary Sage oil helps to reduce skin inflammation and regulates the oil production on the skin. It can also be used to reduce high stress levels and balance your hormones.
- Lemongrass essential oil can strengthen your hair follicles and soothe your irritated scalp. Besides, it is known for reducing dandruff significantly.
These Are The 5 Benefits Of Applying Essential Oils:
1 Stimulation of hair growth
2 Nourishment of your hair
3 Getting rid of dandruff
4 Stress reduction and hormonal balance
5 Prevention of oily hair
Knowing what causes hair loss is the first step towards growing your hair back. As you can see, these remedies are easy to implement and integrate into your daily life and serve as guidelines.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article! If you have any questions, just leave a comment in the comment section down below and I will be more than happy to help you out.
Founder of The Hairy Solution